Friday, May 13, 2011

Pork Chops and Cheese Smothered Hashbrowns

I am terribly starving. After long nights of thinking what to say for my next sermon I decided that it is past due to nice cooked meal that I have longed to receive for years. When I walk around town I am like Watershed's celebrity and they are the paparazzi that love to follow and snap shots except Watershed people love to barge me with hundreds of questions and before I can sit down and have a quick cup of coffee, relaxing day off has turned into a six hour conversation with Andre about how God is so great and how he knows that things will change for him. I always look at him and say of course they will. Do you believe in the Father God, his son who died for our sins, and the holy spirit?" .Andre just stares. "Then he shall set you free from the beastly burdens that you bear" Andre gives me this huge glare in his eye of relief, and I feel good to give him such relief but all my advice still does not seem to change his actions. After many hours of staying up all night and drinking coffee I decide to head to Dina's Diner at around 2:45 a.m. I walk in as everyone says,'' Pastor Dan?!" "It is late, I am much aware but I was feeling hungry and decided I needed a nice cooked meal. Do y'all happen to have those delicious Pork Chops with hash browns smothered in cheese and ham that I remember so vividly." Those were some damn good pork chops, hell, I could still remember the mouthwatering taste they gave me from 3 years ago when I just started out on my independent journey of becoming a priest and having that red highlighter I would use to get passages from the bible and jot down notes in my composition book. As I sat there and waited for my meal I noticed someone by the name of Yames Miller. He is one of the residents I have spoken the least to in Watershed. As I looked at him when he got his meal I knew he was very disturbed. As I received my meal and was about to take the biggest bite I could, I was so in love with the meal that I was taken back to my vivid memories of coming in Deena's Diner everyday and taking big bites of out the Porked Chops with Cheese Smothered Hashbrown. As I began to depart from my inner experience of enjoyable foods. The man with the cut hand that on the other side was walking in a distance with the waitress in panic behind him. I knew it was not my place so I just sat down and enjoyed the meal I had been waiting for for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment