Thursday, May 19, 2011

" Life is full of sin. Well... look at all of us. We stand before our God as sinners and he continues to love us unconditionally from his son's blood." Everyone began to scream and shout and nod at every ending word. " There are molesters, gays, bisexuals, and even rapist that are God's children. We even have abusive mothers and fathers that go through life everyday harming their children but God never turns his cheek." Silence. There was no enthusiasm or shouting with praise all that people looked toward me was cringed faces and puzzled eyes. " We are God's children. All of us and yet we sin and he still loves us." All the people looking down, I could tell this messasge protained to them because their heads hung down of much shameness. All the elderly had their hands tightly gripped on their canes and wheelchairs because they were looking for the right opportunity to through something at me. But for some reason I did not care. Once again, Kaleena just stared deeply in my eyes with a huge grin on her face trying not to show her teeth. I wanted the congregation to know all that I felt and by me saying absolutely everything they wanted to hear would not be doing my service to God. Andre began to look at me almost as if he wanted to cry but he wanted to keep his masculinity in front of his kids and wife. That's when I knew right then and there. Just saying those three important points to my sermon I had accomplished my objective for this Sunday. To make Andre feel the passion of my words. All I had to do was galance at Andre and I knew that all the shit I would get from the others and Kaleena's obsessive smile towards me meant nothing in a room full of people. The room filled with hundred's was only between me and Andre and something told me deep down, he felt the same. The next day I received hundreds of calls and e-mails. My inbox was flooded with serveral enraged members and my door was beaten down by all the residents on my floor. This time the faucet was of no use. That damn Vivian Mooney was beating the hell out of my door with complaint. God damn that woman had an arm. I knew exactly what I could do this time. I could day dream but about what? I am sure it will be about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment