Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Death.

After receiving the e-mail. I stopped my suicidal attempt and actually wanted to read what it pertained. I had received an e-mail that Agnus, Remus, and Leland have all died. I had received this disturbing e-mail from the elder of the church. I ran down to church immediately to find out what happened? We discussed how we had heard various stories of their deaths but never figured out each died and why all three died all on the same day. After I dismissed the memebers of the church I stayed and pondered on this all through the morning. I glanced up the painting of Jesus Christ on the cross. And then it made me think of Jesus's sacrfice for us. Was their deaths a sacrfice or a warning? I had no intention to think about the note but for reason it crossed my mind once more. Then it made me think of how their deaths were a sign. A sign that I could be next. I mean I was completely suicidal the night before. I had no desire to see or speak at either of their funerals. It was another depressing event of Watershed. That instant I decided to pack my bags and leave before I would die. If I didn't leave soon I felt like something bad was going to happen. As I ran home to finish my suitcase to pack my things I heard an e-mail come through on my computer but I completely ignored. I had to leave discreetly because through all this chaos of the many deaths in town I knew I had to leave quickly. Everyone was sound asleep and as I became real still I heard this endless amount of water running. It wasn't the faucet. Had it gotten that bad? So to no surprise the faucet wasn't that bad. So I stared out the window and noticed the fountain in the center of Watershed. It was beautiful. I couldn't seem to stop staring at it. As the sun began to rise its rays reflected on the fountain caused a beautiful blue glare that reflected on my window. As people began to leave their homes all dressed in black, there ran that fountain through all the darkness of clothing that surrounded it. I packed all my things. Jumped in my car and as everyone was heading toward the funerals I was heading for the train. Seeing that fountain and the deaths of Agnes, Leland, and Remus inspired to start a new beginning. Where I can find a new a job and marry the man of my dreams and I won't have to hear shit about it. I hop on the train headed North and realizind this is going to be a long ride I check my mail. I read the letter titled from Unknown and it said, "I know you are something besides a father. You are a coward. I have watched you from a far for many years now to see if all pastors are the same. I am an atheist and Andre tried to tell me they were all the same and that everyone has something to hide. And even though I do not know what you're hidding, I clearly see you running to pack your things like a coward would. You might think you're starting a new life but all you've got now is this damn e-mail, the shame you now bear to never come back to Watershed and Andre gets to pocket 20 bucks from me. Have a nice life!" I still didn't know who the letter had come from but I said there and quietly whispered, " Son of a bitch". And the man sitting across from me says " So I see you got my e-mail. It takes you forever to reply" We stared at one another with out a single word and all could say was, " The only way I could ever be mad is if it wasn't true." My stop had come and I waved goodbye to the strange passenger. And he stared at my back and I kept walking to my new life on the other side of Watershed Heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment